She lifts the jars from the cupboard
Coriander, cumin and fennel
With her mortar and pestle in hand
I watch her crush the seeds
Grinding them gently
Until their aroma floods the kitchen
With promises of warmth and spice.
This week, I thought it would be fun to participate in the Trifecta Writing Challenge. The rules are as follows:
- Your response must be between 33 and 333 words.
- You must use the 3rd definition of the given word in your post.
- The word itself needs to be included in your response.
- You may not use a variation of the word; it needs to be exactly as stated above.
- Only one entry per writer.
This week, the word is crush (transitive verb) and the third definition is to reduce to particles by pounding or grinding <crush rock>