I fuss with the lines
Try to repair the damage you have done
But they are blurred and bleeding
And the light seeps out
I struggle to hold on
My muscles burn with the effort
They are tired of trying
To patch a dying thing
I watch you descend
Into darkness and vanity
Your transgression is complete
Nothing I can do will heal you
So I let go
And all the light spills out
Washing away the broken pieces
Of what you used to be.
This week, the Trifecta Challenge word is heal and the third definition
is to restore to original purity or integrity <healed of sin>.
Rules are as follows:
- Your response must be between 33 and 333 words.
- You must use the 3rd definition of the given word in your post.
- The word itself needs to be included in your response.
- You may not use a variation of the word; it needs to be exactly as stated above.
- Only one entry per writer.