We are waiting here
A million miles from everything familiar
We are hoping
For a glimpse
For a chance
To touch our collective souls
We press forward
Anticipation eating holes in our insides
When the lights come
We are filled
But our faith burns stronger
We hold fast
Caught in a lingering heartbeat of silence
We stand at the threshold
Of the unknown
Blazing with wonder
As the universe opens up before us.
This week, the Trifecta Challenge word is wonder (noun) and the third definitions are:
a : rapt attention or astonishment at something awesomely mysterious or new to one’s experience
b : a feeling of doubt or uncertainty
Rules are as follows:
- Your response must be between 33 and 333 words.
- You must use the 3rd definition of the given word in your post.
- The word itself needs to be included in your response.
- You may not use a variation of the word; it needs to be exactly as stated above.
- Only one entry per writer.