I take the cup from the medicine man
Hesitate, then drink it all
And wait for the ecstasy
I am standing in a late-August field
Grass, golden, rustles beneath my hands
And the afternoon sun warms my back
I lift my gaze up to the sky
Blue for miles, like the ocean
And then the breeze begins to blow
I see him watching from across the field
Wolf eyes intense, unblinking
And fierce in the late summer sunshine
I stare as he begins to charge toward me
Heart racing, body frozen
And wonder if I am about to be devoured
We collide and the world spins around us
Winding, twisting, merging
And becoming only one
I open my eyes to the medicine man
Empty cup, open windows
And everything is lucid.
Here are the rules:
- Your response must be between 33 and 333 words.
- You must use the 3rd definition of the given word in your post.
- The word itself needs to be included in your response.
- You may not use a variation of the word; it needs to be exactly as stated above.
- Only one entry per writer.
- If your post doesn’t meet our requirements, please leave your link in the comments section, not in the linkz.
- Trifecta is open to everyone. Please join us.