I am not what I appear to be.
Maybe you see a mother when you look at me. Loving and kind, firm and encouraging, exhausted and proud.
Or maybe you see a wife. Loyal friend, passionate partner.
Perhaps you even see a daughter, a granddaughter, or a grandmother.
But you’re wrong.
I am an imposter. Playing my role with dedication, determined to get every detail right. Determined to fool every last one of you.
One day, I will break free. Shed the obligations, break the rules, and leap.
Until then, I will appear to be exactly what you see.
Here are the rules:
- Your response must be between 33 and 333 words.
- You must use the 3rd definition of the given word in your post.
- The word itself needs to be included in your response.
- You may not use a variation of the word; it needs to be exactly as stated above.
- Only one entry per writer.
- Trifecta is open to everyone. Please join us.
Image credit: WritersCafe.org